End of the Year Request
15 December, 2012
We are approaching the end of 2012. I look back and see all the wonderful things that we did this year, bringing smiles to so many children. Unfortunately, the ongoing conflicts in the Middle East have created difficult circumstances for many families. In the wake of violence, children are often forgotten, but we are there to bring them some joy and relief. Please donate to help us continue our work.
These are the highlights of our work in 2012:
- We gave four full scholarships for music education to underprivileged children in Jordan.
- We fully sponsored a summer camp for 42 children in Dheisheh refugee camp, next to Bethlehem, organized by young people from the camp.
- We paid for two day trips and school supplies for 25 sick Palestinian children and their families, organized by Palestinian and Israeli volunteers from the organization Humans without Borders.
- We sponsored music and creative workshops for hundreds of refugee children as well as children with cancer, special needs, or family members in prison.
- We purchased music supplies for the first recording studio in Dheisheh refugee camp, where dozens of children come to record their own songs.
I wish you a peaceful and joyous 2013.